5 REASONS TO BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST
- Convenient - collect samples when it's convenient for you, rather than working around the veterinarian's schedule.
- Increased Animal Productivity - increase the productivity of your animals by testing for pregnancy 25 days post breeding for heifers and 28 days post-breeding for mature cows.
- Cost Effective - compare the cost of the tests (less than $4/head) to the cost of carrying an open animal for 7-8 months.
- Non-Invasive - blood testing is less invasive for the animal than the traditional rectal palpation method of testing for pregnancy. Blood testing reduces the risk of damaging a pregnancy and causing embryo loss.
- Accurate Results - open animals have a test accuracy of 99-100%. Pregnant animals have a test accuracy of 95% correct, this percentage is lower with the risk of early embryonic loss.
3 easy steps
Order supplies from dependable livestock testing.
Receive supplies and take blood samples.
Ship samples to lab in our pre-paid box. Receive results in 24 hours.
optional JOHNE'S TESTING
We can also test for Johne's using the BPT sample. If desired, check the Johne's box on your form.
What is it?
It is a fatal gastrointestinal disease that can occur in the first few months of life, but may only become apparent a few months to years later.