5 REASONS TO BLOOD PREGNANCY TEST
- Convenient - collect samples when it's convenient for you, rather than working around the veterinarian's schedule.
- Increased Animal Productivity - increase the productivity of your animals by testing for pregnancy 30 days for goats and sheep.
- Cost Effective - compare the cost of the tests (less that $7/head) to the cost of carrying an open animal for 7-8 months.
- Non-Invasive - blood testing is less invasive for the animal than the traditional rectal palpation method of testing for pregnancy. Blood testing reduces the risk of damaging a pregnancy and causing embryo loss.
- Accurate Results - open animals have a test accuracy of 99-100%. Pregnant animals have a test accuracy of 95% correct, this percentage is lower with the risk of early embryonic loss.
3 easy steps
Order supplies from dependable livestock testing.
Receive supplies and take blood samples.
Ship samples to lab in our pre-paid box. Receive results in 24 hours.
CAE TESTING OPTION
We can also test for CAE using the BPT sample. If desired, check the CAE box on your form.
Caprine Arthritis Encephalitis (CAE) is a member of the small ruminant lentiviruses which may lead to chronic disease of the joints. Not all goats that become infected will develop clinic disease, therefore it is important to test goats routinely for infection.